Let's all laugh so that we don't cry...

Monday, October 11, 2010

Swaddle Blanket



I have been waiting all day for the mail to come, because I'm (impatiently) waiting for the rest of my bias tape to come for my swaddle blanket. I misread the instructions and ordered only one package of tape, instead of two. While I've been waiting for it to come, nearly a week, I put tape on the "tie" part of the blanket. I'm in love with how it looks! I think it looks quite professional. Of course that's my opinion, but I'm super excited to finish it!

This blanket will be for my manager, who's pregnant with her second son and due next month. She already has pretty much everything she needs from when she had her first, but it's always great to receive hand made gifts for baby. Oh, and I just could NOT resist this blanket!

I'm a little nervous about the size of this piece. The tutorial didn't give exact measurements, so I'll be waiting for an update from my manager about how it works after the baby comes. I have a little less than 12 inches as the widest width, and 5 1/4 for the smaller width, the "tie" part. The length of the piece, from tip to tip is 41 inches. I guess we shall see.

The fabric for this piece is Valori Wells Urban Flannel FVW12 Dots Brown. I think they're cute, fun and very boyish, without being too babyish. The tape is slightly darker than I would have liked, but still looks fab. It's from Simplicity. Stay tuned for an update on the other piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment