Let's all laugh so that we don't cry...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My First Quilt


So I have finally finished my first quilt topping! It took me nearly a month to get it all together, but I blame that on my slight fear of my sewing machine. I haven't used it in nearly four years, so yes, I was a little nervous about breaking it out. Also, in it's move between five houses, I lost the plug and had to order a new one.

I decided to start quilting after my years of knitting began to wear out my wrist. I searched the internet for a modern, adorable quilt to make after I ordered my first bundle of fat quarters. I came upon the Raw Edge Circle Quilt. It was just what I was looking for! Very excitedly, I started to cut up my fabrics.


I started the quilt by cutting out all the squares and circles, obviously. However, after I matched them, I cut the squares topped with circles into quarters first, and then hand-sewed. After I finished these, I used my sewing machine to sew together my squares. I must say, I have fallen back in love with my sewing machine. It's great! I am excited to receive my batting and backing and finish it up. Quilting the pieces together seems like it will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, great job!!! I need to learn to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete